[Hamara-announce] Release of Hamara Sugam 2.0 !!

Raju Devidas raju at hamaralinux.org
Wed Jul 18 18:27:56 IST 2018

*Namaste*Everyone,

Hamara developers and contributors gleefully present to you the most
awaited lightweight, full-fledged, easy-to-use distro designed specially
for Indians, *Hamara Sugam*. The distro is highly suitable for devices
with low computing resources and usesMATEDE to provide you with
customized themes that capture the essence of our culture and roots.

Check out our blog post covering the release of Hamara Sugam 2.0 here

[0] Hamara Sugam 2.0 Release -
https://www.hamaralinux.org/2018/07/hamara-sugam-2-0-releases/

Check the detailed bug specifications and fixes in the release notes on
our wiki[1]

[1] Release Notes for Hamara Sugam -
https://wiki.hamaralinux.org/wiki/index.php/Hamara_Sugam_2.0/Release_Notes

*Features*

*Hamara Sugam*is a feature-rich Operating System targeting the masses.
We have tried to make user experience foolproof by providing the
following features in this release.

1. Easy to use Calamares Installer

Considering the mind boggling setup with Debian Installer for anyone new
to installing Operating Systems, we tried porting toUbiquity
Installerwhich was later overtaken byCalamares. Calamares is the
universal installer framework which is very customizable while being
super easy and pragmatic. We have this beautiful installer integrated
with Hamara Sugam keeping our promise of making the distro easy-to-use
for everyone.

[2] Calamares Installer - https://calamares.io/

2. Power Up: Linux kernel

We have upgraded the kernel to keep in sync with Debian and we shall
keep pushing the latest kernels via point updates.

3. Theme

We’re using Materiatheme for GTK and Papertheme for icons in Sugam
taking into account the assuasive design and experience.

4. Generic application names

To avoid any confusion for users which might be caused by using MATE DE
due to their naming conventions, we have made most application names
generic.

Release notes

Please look for the official Release notes with all the changes and bug
fixes curated at one place
[3] Release Notes -
https://wiki.hamaralinux.org/wiki/index.php/Hamara_Sugam_2.0/Release_Notes

Screenshots

Take a look the screenshots of the Hamara Sugam Release [4]

[4] Screenshots of Hamara - https://www.hamaralinux.org/screenshots/

Download Hamara Sugam 2.0 ISO

Get the latest Hamara Sugam 2.0 ISO [5]

[5] Hamara Sugam ISO - https://www.hamaralinux.org/download/

Report bugs/ Ask for help

Report bugs or improvements if you come across any here [6]

[6] Hamara Bugzilla - https://bugs.hamaralinux.org/

Get involved and contribute

One of the key points of Hamara which differentiates it from other
Operating Systems is the support and contribution to and from the
community. This is why you’ll be helping us the most by involving with
the Hamara community and learning and contributing from there.

We are available at various communication Channelschoose your favorite
and say Hi! 😀

[7] https://www.hamaralinux.org/contribute/
[8] IRC/Matrix - #hamara on OFTC
[9] Telegram Group - https://t.me/hamaraLinux